The Neurosurgical unit at Dana Shivam Heart and Superspeciality Hospital offers treatment of a wide spectrum of disorders of the brain, the spine and peripheral nerves in adults. The unit provides the regional neurosurgical service for Essex and its environs.
We have a dedicated neuro-intensive care unit, theatre suite and ward.
Dr. Rajveer Singh M.Ch (AIIMS, New Delhi) is the HOD of Neurosurgery department.
Our treatments include:
• Peripheral nerve entrapment syndromes of all types especially carpal tunnel syndrome and ulnar nerve compression.
• Peripheral nerve sheath tumours Brain
• Brain tumours of all types
• Head injury
• Brain haemorrhage including aneurysms and other blood vessel abnormalities such as arteriovenous malformations
• Tumours of the pituitary region
• Tumours of the skull base including acoustic neuroma and meningioma
• Trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm
• Congenital brain disorders such as Chiari malformation
• Movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, tremor and dystonia treated with deep brain stimulation
• Poorly controlled neuropathic pain such as phantom limb pain, pain following strokes, facial or limb pain after peripheral nerve damage treated with deep brain stimulation, motor cortex stimulation or peripheral nerve stimulation.
This unit was introduced keeping in view the need for special care to patients with neurological problems. The main problem faced by many of these patients are unconsciousness or semi-consciousness, seizures & morbidity requiring rehabilitation. This unit has been provided with Web Camera, to facilitate the patient attendants eagerness to see their patients. These patients are vulnerable for cross infection became of their inability to take care of their health.
To prevent this catastrophe infected & non-infected patients are managed by barrier nursing. The personnel working in this area wear a special dress designed for preventing them from infection between patient and their (working) personnel. To monitor the changes pressure inside the spine / brain, intracranial pressure monitoring system is used.
To know the activity of brain, electroencephalogram (EEG) is used as bedside equipment to know the problem at the earliest. The unit also has the facility of Music Therapy.
Dr. Rajveer Singh
MBBS- Bikaner, MS- SMS, Jaipur